The following settings should only be applied to server experience issues with, system freezes, major slow downs, and crashes. Please also ensure:
- You backup your system and data before making any of the following changes to your server and systems.
- Please check no other services on your network and server require Opportunistic locking, otherwise
- Please research theses to make sure they are applicable to your system.
Check Antivirus is up to date to latest versions and services packs
- Trend Worry Free business Standard/Advanced should be at least version 7 with SP1
– Make sure Antivirus is excluding the scanning of the Triumph folder, eg, D:\Data\Triumph\
- Also make sure the Triumph system files are also excluded, eg:
- Data Execution Protection (DEP) can be disabled for Triumph.exe and msboot.exe under certain circumstances. Only use if other fixes are not working.
Opportunistic Locking Windows:
When installing Triumph in a multi machine, multiuser environment, it is crucial that opportunistic locking is disabled to avoid data corruption. This is due to how Microsoft handles caching and access while files are being accessed by multiple users; which can result in conflicting records and or updates when enabled. The process to disable opportunistic locking on the machine where the data is stored is as follows (Backup your registry and server before proceeding):
1) Log on to the server with administration rights.
2) Open the local ‘Registry Editor’ (regedit) with administration rights.
3) For Microsoft Server 2008 and later ONLY; add or edit the following;
SMB2 = 0
4) For both Microsoft Server 2003 & 2008 operating systems; add or edit the following;
EnableOplocks = 0
These changes will also need to be made on any Windows based operating system that is acting as the Triumph data server. For Windows Vista and 7; use the Server 2008 settings. For Windows XP; use the Server 2003 settings. For other devices such as dedicated Network Attached Storage devices; please check their configuration and contact our office if you have any queries.