The tax scales for 2009/2010 are now available for download.
Loading New Tax Scales
1. Click on the download image to begin downloading. The File Download dialog box asks what you want to do with the file. Click Save.
2. In the Save As dialog box, click Save in and locate your chosen folder, for example, C:\download. Click Save. The file is downloaded to that folder.
3. Open the folder and double-click taxajul09.exe. If an Open File Security Warning message is displayed, click Run.
4. In the WinZip Self-Extractor dialog box, at Unzip to folder, click browse and locate your Attaché program folder (for example, C:\Attache). Then click Unzip.
To check the location of your program folder, in Attaché 7 choose Help | About Attaché 7.
5. The file instantly unzips to the chosen location. Click OK and then close the WinZip Self-Extractor dialog box.
6. To import the tax scales, start Attaché and sign on to your payroll company.
7. Choose Setups | Payroll | Options | Payroll Options. Page Down to the second screen.
8. Attaché recognises that new tax scales are available and displays a message asking if you want to import them. Choose Yes. The tax scales are imported into the company.
9. To check that the tax scales have updated properly, Page Down to the third screen of Payroll Options and check that the Effective for Payments Date field is set to 01/07/2009 (do not change this date for any reason).
If you have more than one payroll company, sign on to each company and carry out steps 7 to 9 above.