How do I delete employees in Attaché Payroll?
To delete terminated employees, you must have run End of Year on your Payroll data. To do so, choose Period End | Payroll | End of Period | Payroll and set both the End of Period and End of Year checkboxes to Yes.
1. Make sure you have taken a copy of your payroll data before you start deleting terminated employees. You will use this copy if you need to reprint reports payment summaries for terminated employees.
2. Delete history transactions — Timesheets and Adjustments
o Transactions | Payroll | Time Sheets | Delete History Transactions. Enter the date range and employee code range.
o Transactions | Payroll | Adjustments | Delete History Transactions. Enter the date range and employee code range.
3. Delete Super Payment Details
o Period End | Payroll | Superannuation | Delete Super Payment Details. Set the Terminated checkbox to Yes and Page Down to enter any relevant ranges.
4. Delete employee
o Masterfiles | Payroll | Employee Details | Delete. Enter employee code range.
Information messages and recommended action
“Fringe Benefit information still exists”
- You cannot delete the employee because FBT amounts exist for the next financial year.
“Leave Liability Not Zero”
- Print the Leave Liability Journal (Reports | Payroll | Leave | Leave Liability Journals).
- In the Employee Status selection area, set only the Terminated checkbox to Yes.
- Print the report and choose Yes to create the GL Journals.
Note: If the message still appears when trying to delete terminated employees, check the employee’s masterfile Leave tables. If they are set to NIL, you will need to add the relevant leave tables to reverse the leave liability.
The Employee Other Payments File contains unprinted details for Employee CodeXXXXXXX
- Delete Super Payment Details (Period End | Payroll | Superannuation | Delete Super Payment Details). Set the Terminated checkbox to Yes and Page Down to enter any relevant ranges.
Cannot delete – Employee Masterfile has Payroll G/L Interface
- Print the GL Postings (Reports | Payroll | Other Reports | General Ledger Postings). Select Payroll in the Modules selection area.
- Check the transactions on this report.
- If the transactions are to be posted to the general ledger, go to your General Ledger and post now.
- If the transactions are not to be posted to the general ledger, go to Reports | Payroll | Other Reports | Delete GL Postings File. Choose from the Modules selection area and enter the transactions date range.